Whether you travel for work or pleasure or both, it never hurts to share ideas for making a trip less stressful. Having recently returned from a short vacation I thought it might be helpful to share some of my tips for easing the stress of traveling. So, here's the short list!
- Keep a set of travel sized (3.4 oz or less) toiletries in a clear travel bag. This way all you have to do is ensure that each bottle contains enough for the length of your trip. Everything I normally use is already in place so I don’t forget anything. This is also very handy for your gym bag!
- Items that you don’t keep an extra in a small size such as makeup, cotton balls, etc. should be kept out or placed directly into your travel bag after the last time you use them before your trip.
- Have a container specifically for your essential oils so there is less risk of breakage or leaking.
- Keep chargers for your phone and electronics with you and not just in your checked bag.
- Roll up clothing so it takes up less space and may be less wrinkled when you arrive at your destination.
- Take wrinkle free or lightweight items as much as possible. Bring an empty spray bottle so you can spritz clothing when you hang it up to loosen wrinkles.
- If you live in a hot place like I do here in the Sonoran Desert, remember that other places are likely to be cooler and be sure to take a jacket or sweater!
- If you fly a lot, consider enrolling in TSA PreCheck. This will get you through the security line much faster and with less inconvenience.
- Take a set of earplugs or headphones just in case the noise level gets out of control. A traveler I met told of an 11 hour flight during which a baby screamed the entire time. Don’t get angry, block it out!
- Only take bank/credit cards that you may need to use while away. Keep others secure at home.
- Don’t forget the Thieves and Stress Away!
I hope these tips are helpful to you! May your next trip be a fun adventure!
What are some of your favorite travel tips? Please share them in the comments below!